Saturday is almost here! We’re so excited to be in this year’s Bentonville Christmas Parade. Our float, Santa’s violin workshop is coming along great.
Below are the parade morning details:
- Our float must be lined up with all participants ready to leave by 9:45. We recommend that you get to the site no later than 9:30. We are the 10th float in the parade so please be there on time!
- Vehicles will be allowed into the parade staging area but must be removed by 9:00am. So if you want to drive in you need to be there before 9:00am (Our float will be there no later than 8:00am).
- The staging area is at the Wal-Mart Home Office parking lots behind the Bentonville Fire Station #1 on the corner of 8th and SW A Street.
- We are float number 10A. Attached are diagrams (scroll through the attached packet until you get to the colored diagrams) showing where our float will be (Section A). There will also be people there to direct you.
- We encourage you to bring candy if you want to walk and hand out candy to the parade viewers.
- Don’t forget to bring your elf hats and your pretend musical instruments (and tools for making them).
- Please note that a float rider is a rider, and a walker is a walker, always. You can never jump off or on the float after it has left the staging area. Little ones will probably want to be on the float to avoid the longer walk.
Plan to supervise accordingly. If a parent wants to ride the float with a young child you are encouraged to wear an elf hat as well.
At the end of the parade, walkers go one way and the float goes another so we will will have adult supervision for both, but please plan on accompanying your child or meeting them at the appropriate end location depending on whether they walk or ride the float. Please look at the attached maps. We’ll go over details before the parade starts.
Lastly, if anyone wants to volunteer to bring hot cocoa for the children in the morning while we wait that would be great.
After the parade, there will be a Chili Luncheon at the studio from 1-2. We will need several crock pots of chili dropped off before the parade, so please indicate in the sign-up if you can bring chili, rolls, veggie trays, or cookies.
After lunch, we will head over to Legacy Village (across from Crystal Bridges at 601 NE Greenwood Way, Bentonville, AR 72712) to play Christmas music for the residents for about 45 minutes. Tuning at 2:00, Performance starts at 2:30.
Looking forward to seeing you all there. Please don’t forget to sign up for the chili party and Legacy Village performance afterward.